Senior Manager of FP&A
Location: San Diego, CA
Reporting To: SVP Finance, Principal Accounting Officer
Lengo Therapeutics is a biopharmaceutical company committed to developing novel, best-in-class precision medicines targeting driver mutations in oncology to improve the lives of patients with cancer.
Lengo Therapeutics is seeking a talented and dynamic Senior Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis who will play a critical role in linking business activities with financial reporting. This individual will build finance partnerships with leaders in Research & Development and G&A functions, creating financial plans and ensuring discipline and transparency in spending through insightful analysis and reporting. This role will drive the long-range and annual planning process for the organization and support all forecast, close, and detailed monthly reporting and analysis activities. Critical to this role will be the ability to successfully drive strategic initiatives to improve the accuracy and efficiency of our financial reporting and optimize the planning and reporting processes. Successful candidates must be self-starters, strategic thinkers, action-driven, and flexible in changing direction and methods. Additionally, qualified candidates will thrive in a fast-paced environment, excel at managing multiple priorities, succeed in communicating with all levels within the organization and provide an immediate contribution.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage the budgeting, forecasting, and long-range planning processes for assigned business functions, partnering with business stakeholders and finance leaders to meet process deadlines and established targets.
- Partner with department budget owners and program leads to provide value-added financial analysis and support of business reviews and decisions from the financial perspective, including operational efficiency, cost saving opportunities, capital expenditure decisions, vendor selection and negotiation, etc.
- Develop reporting packages and dashboards for financial and business review meetings that succinctly summarize key insights on performance as well as provide recommendations on actionable insights to enable business partners to act.
- Prepare support for monthly/quarterly accounting close process as it pertains to operating expense reviews, research, clinical, CMC and general accruals, revenue and other accounting entries.
- Analyze relevant inputs, including open purchase orders, invoices, vendor agreements, business feedback, and forecasts to determine appropriate recognition of functional expenses in accordance with US GAAP and company policy.
- Develop FP&A processes and tools to enable project-level budgeting and assess for continuous improvement within the finance organization to streamline processes and improve communication and automation opportunities.
- Support preparation of investor reporting and Board presentations.
Professional and Personal Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required; MBA desired.
- 5+ years of relevant FP&A experience depending on level, in a high growth environment in life sciences
- Knowledge of GAAP to facilitate understanding of forecast and budget results.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills with the ability to analyze large amounts of data and maintain complex financial models; demonstrated proficiency with advanced functions.
- Possess a high level of comfort working within ambiguous, fast-paced entrepreneurial environments.
- A deep understanding of financial processes, and advanced analytical capabilities that enable support of their business partners and Finance leadership.
- Knowledge of IT applications and controls, and experience with cloud ERP and EPM applications.
- Excellent skills in communication with the ability to convey financial performance to audiences at different levels in the organization.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment where results are achieved through influence, cooperation, and the incorporation of multiple points of view.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
This job description is subject to change at any time.