Lengo Therapeutics is a biopharmaceutical company committed to developing novel, best-in-class precision medicines targeting driver mutations in oncology to improve the lives of patients with cancer.
The Executive Assistant will manage a wide range of administrative and executive support related duties. Reporting to the COO, this role will act as a gatekeeper and first point of contact while handling a variety of responsibilities to support headquarters. We are looking for an energetic individual with a “can-do” attitude who will play a crucial role in helping Lengo grow and build on a strong performance-based culture.
This position is based in San Diego, CA.
Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Assist the CEO and COO with initiatives/ activities that support the growth of the organization and strategic direction of the business.
- Provide support to the Executive team with heavy calendaring, meeting prioritization and coordination.
- Prepare, modify and publish complex presentations and other communications using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and related web-based programs.
- Book domestic and international travel arrangements and accommodations, and process expense reports.
- Serve as the point person for maintenance, mailing, purchasing, supplies, and ordering equipment.
- Partner with IT and HR for onboarding activities and ongoing employee support of office equipment and supplies.
- Assist with preparation of Board of Director meetings and communications, as well as other tasks assigned by the Executive team.
- Facilitate conference calls and web-based meetings and ensure participant scheduling communication.
- Serve as the key point of contact for property management, safety measures, and local authorities as needed.
- Organize and run company events: company meetings, off-site meetings, team events, holiday parties, and other celebrations.
- Maintain confidential files and contact information.
- Organize pre/post-meeting materials and reports.
- Order and maintain an inventory of office supplies.
- Procure meals as needed for meetings and events.
- Provide general support to visitors and guests.
Professional and Personal Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree highly preferred
- 5+ years’ general administrative experience, or an equivalent combination of experience and college-level education
- Experience supporting C-Level Executives, professionally and responsibly, in a fast-paced environment
- Prior experience at a rapidly growing Biotech or Life Sciences company
- Adept in time management and working with urgency
- Detail oriented, with the ability to coordinate last-minute changes
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat, and web-conferencing programs (Teams, Zoom, etc.)
- Proven success building and maintaining relationships of trust, respect, and support
- Demonstrated ability to interact with staff at all levels in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high degree of professionalism
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be self-directed and work to achieve objectives with little oversight
- Presence in the office Monday through Friday, with the willingness to respond after-hours and on weekends as needed
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
This job description is subject to change at any time.