Location: San Diego, CA
Reporting To: Ingrid Simms, SVP and Principal Accounting Officer
Lengo Therapeutics is a biopharmaceutical company committed to developing novel, best-in-class precision medicines targeting driver mutations in oncology to improve the lives of patients with cancer.
We're looking for an experienced Senior Accountant who can help us streamline our financial processes and be a thought partner as we scale our Finance and Accounting team. If you love start-up environments and are passionate about our mission, this is an excellent opportunity for you.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Handle day-to-day accounting operations as part of the accounting team (AP, AR, GL).
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger.
- Contribute to an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close and timely reporting of all monthly financial information, including year-end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities.
- Oversee all invoice and payment processing with appropriate vendors.
- Purchase orders
- Prepare journal entries and develop month-end reconciliations for review and variance resolution.
- Drive change by contributing to special projects as assigned with a focus on process improvement.
- Document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Work closely and effectively with external/internal auditors.
- Actively participate in system and process improvements.
Professional and Personal Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- CPA, preferred but not required.
- 5-7 years of accounting/finance experience, preferably in biotech/life sciences.
- SOX experience.
- Advanced experience with Excel
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of major accounting software packages for general ledger accounting. Experience with NetSuite is a plus.
- Comfortable with a high-volume list of varied tasks.
- Devotion to details and quality standards.
- Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
This job description is subject to change at any time.